The Crafts Council of Ireland (CCoI) is currently undergoing a name change to better reflect the arts they represent. They are now known as the Design & Crafts Council of Ireland (DCCoI).
The DCCoI is the main champion of the craft industry in Ireland, providing information and training while actively promoting crafts. Activities are funded by Enterprise Ireland so you will often see them promoting each other.
Registration with the DCCoI is currently free and I would highly recommend all crafters to join it. For me, membership is a form of recognition and endorsement by an organisation. Recognition with a national craft organisation can make your business look more reliable to the general public.
To apply, simply complete and submit the form below in resources. Your application will then be assessed by a DCCoI panel. You should be notified within the next two months if your application has been successful.
Membership to the DCCoI means a lot to me. On top of obtaining a greater sense of pride for my work due to official recognition, there are also many benefits.
Benefits of DCCoI membership:
- Trust - Membership with a national organisation can help to instill trust in new customers.
- Awareness - By inclusion in their members directory, more people may know about your business.
- Regular e-Zine with information of industry news, training, support and craft markets.
- SEO - Full membership includes a bio about your business and a link to your website. This is a highly quality link and can improve your page search ranking with Google.
- For more information on registration: http://www.ccoi.ie/content/view/143/250/
- Download the DCCoI membership registration form > HERE
I hope you found this post helpful.