Monday 12 May 2014

DESIGNER PROFILE - VINTAGE

Petal Necklace from Huggleknits

Its the month of May and flowers are everywhere.....

Greetings from the home of Huggleknits, back after a break to introduce you all to Sharyn from 1801Vintage  
Sharyn

Mo:

Hi Sharyn.  Thanks for agreeing to meet me and sorry for the delay.  Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

Sharyn:
Hi Mo.  I'm Sharyn, designer and jewelry maker behind the handmade jewelry line 1801Vintage.  I create pieces inspired by vintage styles where I try to capture the elegance and nostalgia of bygone days.  I studied Fine Art and make a lot of my own clothes these days.
Yesterday's Crystal Earrings 


Mo:
How did you get involved in your craft?

Sharyn:
I have made jewelry for as long as I can remember.  I started out making pieces that I wanted to wear as accessories and when I started getting compliments and making a few sales I decided to open up 1801Vintage on Etsy.    

Crafting

Mo:
Describe a typical day?

Sharyn:
It all starts with a big pot of coffee, a great time to catch up on some jewelry design history, I love the decadence and variety of styles in these vintage pieces and I think it's a great way to start the day.  I work in the afternoons, I prefer daylight for crafting my designs, and while no two days are the same I design, craft and learn something new everyday. 

Nostalgia

Mo:
Any future goals and ambitions?

Sharyn:
At the moment I'm designing copper jewelry so right now I'm looking forward to getting from the design stage to crafting some artisan copper jewelry for 1801Vintage on Etsy.    
Bronze


Mo:
Are there any designers or bloggers you follow and why?

Sharyn:
I am always interested in discovering new designers, I love Pinterest.  It is a great source for designers and I love to see what people are making, jewelry, fashion and DIY.

Mo:
Do you have any advice for crafters starting out?

Sharyn:
Make a start, progress will come with practice but you have have to start somewhere.


Mo:
Where can we find you?
Etsy:    www.1801Vintage.etsy.com

Well thats it for this week.  Next week I will be bringing 5 paper crafters together and telling you all how they got started.  

Dont forget June is TEXTILE MONTH - INCL. SPINNING AND WEAVING.  So if you would like to be included please get in touch.

Cheers for now
Mo

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't seen 1801 Vintage before - beautiful shop Sharyn :)

    ReplyDelete