Saturday 18 February 2012

Tea & Chat.....

Well, I hope you'll forgive me for this....... this week has passed in a blur, suddenly its that time again and I haven't interviewed anyone so this weeks interview is with.... Me!!!!

To prevent the horror of having to read my answers again please email me and i'd be delighted to hear your answers instead!!!

So, here we go:

Felicia Thomas from Scrapzville




1. What has been your art/craft journey so far?
Well, it is very recent actually, I have always been crafting away at bits and pieces, knitting, sewing etc. but I didn't think I could paint. My Dad is a watercolour artist, I thought the art gene had just missed me out, but then I discovered mixed media and the Polly Dollies came into being  - there is a big difference between fine art and what I do!

2. What are your 3 favourite products to work with?
Galleria acrylic paints, stamps and perfect pearls.

3. What is your favourite quote?
Oh, I have so many, but a good one I heard recently was, "A year from now you'll wish you'd started today" - aint' that the truth?!

4. If you could have a perfect work space what would it look like?
It would be a room with lots of natural light, a woodburning stove for staying cosy, open shelves (I don't use things unless I can see them) a seperate desk for computers and printers and another for crafting. And bookshelves, lots of them! Pinterest is brilliant for storing ideas for my dream craft space.

5. Who or What inspires you?
Nature, I love trees especially, my family, my online art friends and Elenor Roosevelts quotes.

6. What is the most important lesson you have learned in your creative business?
That there is room for everyone.

7. Marmite or Marmalade?
Marmalade for sure - Marmite is gross!

8. What has been your proudest moment?
The amazingly kind and encouraging reception I got from being part of  the Killarney Art and Wine Exhibition, its a hard thing to put your work on display and then stand and listen to peoples comments.

You can find me on:
http://www.scrapzville.com/ - there you will find links to my blog, Etsy shop and gallery.
and Twitter (but i'm very new to it and have only tweeted once!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia,
    I am glad we had a chance to meet you. Love your journey.
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely chat! Love your art Felicia :o)

    ReplyDelete