Monday 18 October 2010

Eyes Open Ireland

This Eyes Open Ireland comes from Odette of Swan and Smerlin


"Botanic Gardens in the Summer"

"On a rare day when my husband is off from work, we'd venture out into town to discover Dublin's nooks and crannies. We've been here for over two years already but we still haven't seen everything! Initially we planned to hike up to the top of the Wicklow mountain again, but the weather wasn't cooperating that day. So I dragged the husband to the Botanic Gardens before he had the chance to sit down in front of the computer where the entire day can drain out so quickly! Needless to say, we both enjoyed the day out. We had a long wonderful walk in the gardens, the soft weather turned out beautiful photographs for me, and the day was capped with a cup of espresso at the garden's cafe. A few minutes from Dublin city centre, the Botanic Gardens is a refreshing and calming escape from the noise of the city."










"I took loads of photographs of the flowers because they never fail to make me smile. I feel that i have bottled up summer's vibrant colors and beautiful textures in these pictures and for me to enjoy them all year through."

"The Botanic Gardens is located in Glasnevin, Dublin 9. During summer, they're open everyday from 9am - 6pm, and on winter time, from 9am - 4pm. They have great facilities such as ample parking spaces for car and coach, wheelchair access, toilets, and education and visitor centre. It's only 3.5 Km north of Dublin city centre, and you may click this link for directions how to get there, whether by bus or by car. And lastly, entrance to the gardens is for free! "

~Odette
www.littlemsfirefly.blogspot.com
www.swannandsmerlin.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/packagesandstrings


6 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite places in Dublin! Beautiful pics, Odette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the pictures are stunning! I've never been to the Botanic Gardens, Dublin, but definitely have to visit! I've been to Glasnevin though (of course, as an Irish historian, one has to go to Glasnevin!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so gorgeous, really nice photos , well done Odette ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabuoous photos Odette. I love to go to the botanic gdns once a year. Got caught in a thunder storm in one of the big, tropical greenhouses once. It was scary and incredibly beautiful at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Pictures. I'm ashamed to say I lived in Dublin all my life (until 5 years ago) and have never been to the gardens. Now I have to go!!
    Great Post :)

    ReplyDelete