Monday 12 July 2010

A Brides Guide To Etsy Ireland

Hi this is Ruth from Nice Day Designs, a couple of weeks ago bride to be Caoimhe from Tinkerbelle Bridal Blog asked me to write up an Etsy Ireland wedding feature. When I started thinking about all the different sellers we have here the only fair way seemed to be to break the piece into three parts.
Firstly I did a wedding supplies post, so this covered things like invitations, cake toppers, favours and wine glass charms. This was nearly the hardest piece to edit as there was so much to choose from, and it meant going through all the different sections.
Secondly I covered fashion and accessories, focusing on clothing designers for both bridal wear and bridesmaids. I also included some evening bags and hair accessories.
The last installment was Bridal Jewellery, and I had an absolute wealth of shops to choose from, and I fell in love with loads of pieces while I was researching. I discovered that most of our jewellery sellers are open to doing custom orders which is perfect for weddings as most brides want something unique for their special day.
It can be difficult to come up with something new and different for a wedding that feels personal to you, and that's why I think buying from Etsy is perfect. It means you are going straight to the crafts person and asking them for something tailor made for you. Also the fact that you are buying straight from the artist means that you are getting a huge reduction in price as compared with a shop, which when you're working to a budget in top on the list of priorities.
I found so many amazing pieces when I was researching this article, I wanted to plan a wedding just so I could buy them all!! So to see the pieces that I selected (and to check if you were featured) please check out the following links. Don't forget to leave some nice comments on Caoimhe's lovely bridal blog.

Part Two: Wedding Fashion
Part Three: Wedding Jewellery

2 comments:

  1. A brilliant selection of items to choose for a wedding! I adore that white feather (wedding fashion) - if I ever elope, I would love to have it. But then, that wouldn't be a spur of the moment elopement...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Brides, I am a Etsy artist and I do cake toppers, fascinators, garters, cardboxes, all personalized just for you, jewelry too, I have wonderful economy prices during this hard recession time...come visit me at www.etsy.gimpvicki123.com, Victoria's Art Gallery...See you there

    ReplyDelete