Saturday 10 March 2012

Tea & Chat........

This Saturday we are having tea and cake with Ann Gorman from AMG-Arts. Ann runs her artistic business through her website but also runs another blog, (one of my favourites!) called Where People Create, its a great place to see other artistic work spaces. Anyhoo, here we go!







 
1. What has been your art/craft journey so far?

When I left Secondary school I did a Graphic Design course but really disliked it and ended up studying computers instead. I hadn't the space to do any art work but in 2003 after moving to Bristol to live ended up having some space to work in and started my work again, and in 2007 went back to Art College, did a portfolio course In D.I.F.E, Drogheda and got into The National College of Art and Design where i am currently studying a BDes (Hons) in Textile Design (Specializing in Embroidery). 

2. What are your 3 favourite products to work with?

I don't really work with 'products' as such I recycle a lot of materials but I guess I do stock up on a lot of Walnut ink I use a lot of the powdered stuff for staining and as a dye. I collect and get given lots of items and materials that I might use in projects and have little need to buy products as such these days usually its just double side tape and wadding I need to buy.

3. What is your favourite quote?

Life is like drawing only without the eraser.

4. If you could have a perfect work space what would it look like?

Large space with plenty of storage space and good light and plenty of plug sockets!

5. Who or what is your inspiration?

My surroundings, and also college.

6. What is the most important lesson you have learned in your creative business?
You have to do all the work, you have to be the artist, the promoter, the accountant, PR person etc luckily with doing computers at college I can do my own website,accounts etc....   its hard work and with college can be a challenge to get the time to do my own work but you need to set aside time. 

7. Marmite or Marmalade????

Neither! uck..... on both accounts!

8. What has been your proudest moment?

Getting into N.C.A.D College first time trying and loving it every moment since ...well bar the early morning starts! 

Website: http://www.amg-arts.com/



Thanks Ann!


3 comments: