Saturday 26 February 2011

Eyes Open Ireland - Giovanna of Tirabaralla



Today's Eyes Open Ireland comes courtesy of Giovanna of Tirabaralla from Dublin.

Giovanna is Italian and has lived in Ireland for almost 3 years now.
She lived her first 10 Irish months on the Aran Islands, on Inis Mor, to be exact.

She says,
"It was a very special and strong experience and I still cherish it, despite the initial difficulties about adapting to something so different from my habits (I come from the city of Florence, in Tuscany). Most of the beauty of living in such a place is...the beauty of the place itself, see for yourself :) ".

(click to enlarge)
Dun Eochla, at the highest point on the island.


(click to enlarge)
Entrance of Teaghlach Einne, St. Enda's church, in Killeany.


(click to enlarge)
A detail of a column inside the small church, which, at present, is half buried in the sand.


(click to enlarge)
Another detail of the little church, as you see it's still cherished and visited :)


(click to enlarge)
A view from An Tra Mor surroundings, my favourite beach, near Killeany Village.

(click to enlarge)
The joys of living on a remote island on a good summer day!
_________________________________

Man, these make me want to go to the beach! Aren't they beautiful?! The Aran Islands are definitely on my list of places to visit!

Have photos of your own you'd like to share?
Send them my way and tell me why you took the photo, which county it is in and your name and Etsy shop link. You can convo me on Etsy or email me at rach@balancedcrafts.com

Thanks so much for sharing with us, Giovanna!!

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful images, I have never been to the islands but hopefully some day soon I'll visit. Thanks for sharing

    All things nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and inspiring. Though I can imagine how hard it must have been to adapt to life there after the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grazie mille for featuring me here with part of my Irish "adventure".
    I loved the island of Inis Mor very much and I hope you can see some of that love coming out of my photos :)

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful images, thanks for sharing :) I'm italian too (I know Tirabaralla :D) and I'm definitively in love with Ireland! It is a so amazing land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful experience!!! thanks for all these great pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos that show the remote beauty of the place. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh I love Ireland in general and the Aran islands are really spectacular! what a luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i want to go there too now! thank you Giovanna for sharing this experience and photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, these pics bring back memories of visiting Inis Mor years and years ago! It's such a beautiful place, but it must have been hard to live there after having lived in such a very busy and arty city like Florence!

    Thanks for the memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked the part about Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Pictures...I'm the newest FOLLOWER here, I Love Ireland and I'm looking forward to adventuring around in your Land Of Blog!
    Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much everyone for appreciating the pictures and the article, Thanks Again Etsy Ireland for featuring this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow...great photos and beautiful article!
    I love Ireland so much!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) TY Vero!
    Me too, I love Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great photos.

    I've sent you a convo about contributing some photos for a post.

    ReplyDelete