Tuesday 2 March 2010

Introducing Monday.....on a Tuesday! LuckyRainbowDesigns

Oops-a-daisy! I got my dates mixed up and here I am introudcing myself on a Tuesday instead of a Monday!!

Hello you bunch of talented crafters, I am Rebecca of LuckyRainbowDesigns! A Dundalk girl born and bread, I made the big move to the lovely and ever changing city of Limerick in 2000 to pursue a fine art degree and havn't looked back since! In fact, I cannot believe I'm living here nearly 10 years!! Time has quite literally flown by!

I set up LuckyRainbowDesigns initially in May 2009, however I had been toying with the idea for around 3 or 4 years. I create detailed and pretty handmade cards and hope to expand my range of paper goods in the coming months. I currently work full time in the University of Limerick, so for now my love for LuckyRainbowDesigns is on a part time basis, however I'm convinved that one day I'll get discovered and then I, the boyfriend and our imaginary family of dogs will live happily ever after! :)



I have always, ALWAYS loved cards, both giving and receiving. I would stroll shops for hours and hours deciding on the perfect one for the perfect person never completley happy with my purhcase as I always thought "I could do better!". I think it was my mother and boyfriend Robert who finally gave me the push to get going after I made a wedding card for a friend. They quite literally kept shouting "Just do it Rebecca!" in my ear!.......and numerous attempts, a few craft fairs, some money and an etsy siopa later, here I am!



My studio space for the moment is the box bedroom! I'm issuing a warning before you view the next photo! I work in chaos! I'm the kind of person that if it isn't sitting in front of me, I won't use it! My boyfriend with whom I live with cannot understand it as he is a (and I don't use this lightly!) Neat Freak! However we've come to a mutal agreement that LuckyRainbowDesign HQ is 'allowed' to be messy!



Right now, things I that I love and inspire me are as follows
- The Etsy Ireland Team - looking at how others work inspires me to create more! In a time when Ireland is experiencing doom and gloom, I know I can hop onto the etsy Ireland blog and hey presto I'm cheered up!

-Chocolate Mochas
- mmmm the chocolatey, the better - no further explanation needed.
-The Antiques Roadshow- Yes it's my guilty pleasure, I love the history behind objects! I love it so much I wrote my thesis on it!
-Spring- The sun shone in Limerick for the first time in a long time yesterday and the world seemed a better place!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing yourself, great to hear how you work. Love your cards, really detailed and full of life!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see your work and your workplace! I live near Dundalk (over the border in Rostrevor-can look across the Lough to Carlingford!)but was born and raised in Limerick!Great to know the Etsy siopas are springing up all over the place:)Enjoyed this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lilycobweb!!! thats so funny and random!! I love Carlingford but havn't been there since a wedding last year! Thank you for your lovely comments....and heart on my etsy shop too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This intro is so bright and sunny like yourself Rebecca! I love your new mum cards by the way!
    Ps: stick a link to your blog and your facebook fanpage at the end of your post here, you'll prob get a few more fans out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello rebecca, i love the mess in my craftroom too. ^-^
    goodluck with your shop, and hoorraaay for sunny days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good thinking Ruth!! I must update! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the raised letters and textures on your cards Rebecca! Your space looks like ORGANISED chaos to me, like my own space in the box bedroom ;) Looking forward to seeing the expansion of your card range in the future!

    ReplyDelete