Good Day Etsy Ireland Team members!
I will be taking over the task of curating the weekly New Members' Treasuries from Angela at ComfyCosyCrafts. A big thanks to Angela for her great work which I will use to inspire and help me to carry on this important task.
The new members’ treasury aims to, most importantly, welcome those who have joined us, but also to shine a light and raise awareness of their creative work and their new shop. It is also a great way for us existing members to explore and discover the new talent and exciting items that have joined our team, making it increasingly more interesting and attractive with each new member.
Oh.. and by the way, I am Amy Rose Mc Govern and my Etsy shop is SoRoCo Designs
So let’s have a look at this week's New Members' Treasury and meet the people behind the design.
- First off is YesterHere - vintage homeware, jewellery and accessories. This new shop brings to us a pretty collection of vintage finds including gemstone jewellery, delicate tea-sets, and floral painted mugs. This week’s new members’ treasury features one item from YesterHere - a striking vintage brooch crafted from delicate porcelain and lovingly hand painted with red floral motifs. The owner of YesterHere, Edana Gorham, is a sewer and a jewellery maker. She also has a second Etsy shop The Sailmaker'sDaughter where she sells seaside inspiredadorable hand embroidered lavender pouches, among other handmade pieces.
- Next up is SiegeMistress Art Talented painter Heather Grogan sells a collection of portrait style pop art impressions of legendary music icons including Sid Vicious, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Bob Marley, and Queen. The item featured in this week’s treasury is a framed portrait of the iconic John Lennon image, painted in shades of black and white.
- Following on with Betsy Grey Crafts by Fiona Roche. An enthusiastic and ambitious crafter with a passion for quilting and knitting, Fiona specializes in large quilts handmade using top quality materials and she offers a custom quilting service. Featured in our treasury is a sample of a custom made quilt for a single bed made with 100% cotton. You can see the hours of meticulous work put into creating this collection of brightly coloured patterned squares.
- Freedom Fibres is a shop started by two Irish fashion design students Kim Fulton and Deirbhile Coyle who are using their experience in textile and fashion design to style quirky, fresh handmade accessories and jewellery. In the mood of festivals and summer I have selected a bright statement headpiece to feature in the treasury. It is made from plaited blue rope embellished with canary yellow flowers.
- And finally an item from a very interesting shop –ReFoundonline - Jill O’Neill’s creative and socially-driven business which works with Northern Ireland’s young talent to showcase creatively recycled and restyled home interior pieces. The item in our treasury this week is an up styled G-Plan Butterfly powder room chair with fabric designed by a local artist. The teak wood and sparky pattern are a stunning combination!
Some beautiful displays of the variety of craft talent to be found. Welcome to the new members and we look forward to seeing more from you and your shops!